Start Date: Monday November 23, 2020 | Start Time: 1:00 PM
End Date: Monday November 23, 2020 | End Time: 4:00 PM
Location: Online via Zoom
UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change Secretariat and the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific invite you to participate in a regional workshop on mainstreaming gender across climate change and disaster statistics.
The workshop is an initiative under the EmPower: Women for Climate-Resilient Societies project. It will capitalize on the momentum generated by EmPower projects in Bangladesh, Cambodia and Viet Nam, as well as the regional Women Count programme to bring regional actors together to exchange experiences on statistics work around gender, climate change and disasters. The workshop is also supporting activities identified in the UNFCCC Gender Action Plan.
The specific objectives of the workshop are to:
- Provide a platform for government, civil society, academia and development partners to exchange views on the role official statistics can play in gender equality and women’s empowerment in climate action
- Share recent developments and evidence on mainstreaming gender across environment-related statistics, such as survey and indicator development, among others, at national and regional levels
- Identify capacity, financial and coordination challenges faced by national data producers (such as NSOs and NDMAs) to generate gender and climate change statistics, and solutions to address them
- Collect case studies and practical solutions from the region to support further development of gender, climate change and disaster-related statistics.
- Concept note
- Data workshop template
- Introduction and speakers
- The Gender-Environment framework
- Meeting the demands for gender data on climate change and disasters
- Identifying and addressing the data needs for climate and disaster action, Bangladesh
- Gender statistics for climate action and disaster risk reduction in Vietnam
- Quantifying contribution of women to climate change mitigation through waste management, Vietnam
- Women's Resilience in Kiribati
- Gender and Energy Statistics
- Gender analysis supporting national policy development
- Gender and Statistic: Cambodia view, the perspective of user
- Mentimeter question responses
Recorded video of the workshop