The Asia and the Pacific region is one of the most vulnerable regions to climate change impacts in the world. Women are extremely sensitive to these changes given their lack of access to essential resources such as land, finance or information. Because the nexus between gender and climate change is often underestimated, UN Women and UN Environment jointly created the EmPower project. Targeting Bangladesh, Cambodia and Vietnam, EmPower aims to build women’s resilience facing climate change, over a period of five years (2018-2022) with the financial support of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency. Read more
- Renewable Energy and Women Entrepreneurship Programmes
- ASEAN RE-Gender Roadmap
- In The Loop, Issue No. 3
- Infographics: Renewable Energy: Powering Equality for a Green Recovery
- Enhancing Knowledge in The Asia-Pacific Region: Two-Day Workshop Trains Almost 100 People on the Interlinkages of Gender Equality, Human Rights, Climate Action and Renewable Energy
- Asia-Pacific's Progress towards Gender-Responsive NDCs: Interactive Map | Guide
- Events: Trainings of Trainers (ToT) Programme on Gender and Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience - Nepal, Philippines, Thailand
As Bangladesh battles COVID-19 and the aftermath of Super Cyclone Amphan, women’s...
Satkhira district was one of the hardest hit areas in the country. The cyclone washed away embankments, mud homes and fisheries, which thousands of families relied upon for their livelihoods, and sanitation infrastructures collapsed.
Can renewable energy give climate-displaced women in Bangladesh a new beginning?
It is nightfall in the village of Char Baghutia in Manikganj district in central Bangladesh. Twenty-seven-year-old Miriam is hunched over a rickety old sewing machine, under a single incandescent lamp, with one hand over the cloth and...
Viet Nam’s journalists learn how to report on women and risks of climate change
Hue, Viet Nam — Two dozen Vietnamese journalists are now able to better report on how women can help prepare for and mitigate the effects of natural disasters, thanks to a training co-organized by UN Women. Empower Women for...